I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fishing starts to warm up in Saugatuck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Capt. Ron

Fishing starts to warm up in Saugatuck Empty
PostSubject: Fishing starts to warm up in Saugatuck   Fishing starts to warm up in Saugatuck Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:01 am

The fishing is starting to pick up in the lake. Saturday produced a half dozen nice brown trout, a lake trout and a couple of steelhead. The water is still cold -- 43 degrees outside the piers, however we did find some water that was 46 degrees north of the piers and most of the fish came out of this water. The fish were found in 5 to 15 foot of water with small Stinger spoons and body baits on flat lines producing the best.

Steelhead and a few browns are still being taken off the piers on the Kalamazoo fishing with spawn and in the river on small plugs and spawn that are back trolled into the holes.

We are suppose to get some cold weather this weekend and if the wind turns to the north, we may find that the lake will cool back down. Check back ans see what the weekend produces. For reservations or information you can email me at captron@chartermichigan.com or call me toll free at 888-253-8372.
Back to top Go down

Fishing starts to warm up in Saugatuck
Page 1 of 1