I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great Light Tackle Fun Around Wrightsville Beach NC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt. Jot

Great Light Tackle Fun Around Wrightsville Beach NC Empty
PostSubject: Great Light Tackle Fun Around Wrightsville Beach NC   Great Light Tackle Fun Around Wrightsville Beach NC Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:51 am

Hello everybody, I hope spring is treating you good. The weather has really warmed up around here; we are getting more good weather fishing days. There has been a lot more days with lighter winds and sunny sky’s. This good weather has lead to good fishing trips. One thing that I have seen is a lot of fish that are early this year, showing up two to four weeks earlier than usual.

Fishing has changed a lot since my last report in a good way. The Bonita bit well this and last week, we caught them trolling and casting. Spanish mackerel have showed up this week as well. The lures that we’re trolling with and have worked well for us are; Clark spoons and Yo-Zuri crystal minnow deep divers. The YoZuri’s have worked the best on the Bonita’s and big Spanish mackerel.

A few King mackerel have also showed up this week, they are not real big but a lot of fun on light tackle! The kings are also biting the Yo-Zuri’s. The colors that are working the best have been Pink and Clown. We are trolling the crystal minnows two to three knots. The good thing about trolling this Yo-Zuri is you can use light tackle which makes it a lot of fun.

The Red fish, Flounder and Speckled trout are biting too. The trout bite is starting to slow down around Wrightsville but it is going strong in the river. Reds and Flounder are biting around docks and in the creeks. Most of the Reds and Flounder are hitting grubs and live bait. Saltwater Assassin (Blurp) grubs are working well to get these fish, in colors good penny and molting. Blurps are scented grubs like many other scented grubs on the market, but they won’t dry out on your hook and they have great action!

There is lots of Blues around the inlet; they will bite just about any spoons or jigs. There are a few big ones around too, don’t forget use some good leader when your fishing for them. I have herd some talk about a few COBIA showing up around. Let’s not get to ahead of our self this season now, but “I’m keeping my eye out for them”.

Gear used: Pflueger Medalist spinning reels in sizes 6035 and 6040. Rods: Ugly stick lite’s 7’ med action. Line: Ugly Braid fifth teen and twenty pound test. Keep your eyes out for Penn’s new jigging rods. I have used a few of them and they have a really good feel to them. Thanks for reading this report. Give me a call lets go fishing, School will be out soon, time to book that fishing trip!

Capt. Jot Owens
www.captainjot.com
910-233-4139
Back to top Go down
http://www.captainjot.com
Backupshark

PostSubject: WOW. Looks like a GREAT charter.   Great Light Tackle Fun Around Wrightsville Beach NC Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Capt Jot,

I checked out your site and it seems just AWESOME.
If you want to make your trips a little more fun, just add some competition.

www.bountyfishing.com has a tourney which the slogan is REEL FISHING REAL MONEY.

Its an online fishing tourney where its really convenient, also the speck and redfish tourneys are in the next two weeks.

You should check it out. Its worth it.
Back to top Go down
Capt. Jot

PostSubject: Thanks   Great Light Tackle Fun Around Wrightsville Beach NC Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks for taking a look at my site and the kind words! I'll check out bountyfishing as well !
Back to top Go down
http://www.captainjot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Light Tackle Fun Around Wrightsville Beach NC   Great Light Tackle Fun Around Wrightsville Beach NC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Light Tackle Fun Around Wrightsville Beach NC
Page 1 of 1