I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SW FL-Bonita Beach: Weather Tricky but Fishing Good

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishbuster

SW FL-Bonita Beach: Weather Tricky but Fishing Good Empty
PostSubject: SW FL-Bonita Beach: Weather Tricky but Fishing Good   SW FL-Bonita Beach: Weather Tricky but Fishing Good Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:45 pm

Another weather-front came through the area Sunday night, once again kicking up winds and seas. But, despite some choppy conditions, the fishing was good offshore Tuesday morning. I fished with Bill Story, Marvin Giescke and friends, Doc, Dave and Bernie, in 45 feet out of New Pass, using live shrimp. We caught twenty keeper mangrove snapper to 15 inches, five huge whitebone porgies to 18 inches, a 22 inch white margate and keeper triggerfish and porkfish. We released smaller triggerfish and lots of gags that were within ΒΌ inch of legal-size.

William Conklin, Dennis Baker and friends fished in 47 feet out of New Pass with me Wednesday. Winds were howling most of the day, but the worst of the next weather-front wasn’t on us yet. We had three to four foot seas most of the day. We did well with snapper again, catching nine keepers to 16 inches and releasing lots of smaller ones. We also caught a 20 inch pompano, a 14 inch hogfish, a couple keeper triggerfish, and also got into those big whitebone porgies again, catching eight of those to 17 inches. We used shrimp for all.

Thursday brought a new cold-front to the area, which was accompanied by steady rain and high winds. My planned inshore trip was rained out. The winds and rough seas persisted into Friday, and predictions for Saturday were somewhat better but still pretty rough offshore. I was concerned because I was scheduled to take a family fishing in the Gulf Saturday but, before the weather could officially cancel those plans, my clients called to say they were battling the flu and not coming down to visit this weekend. They were disappointed but I assured them that the weather would be far from ideal Saturday anyway—I hope that made them feel a little bit better. So, as it turns out, my four-trip week was reduced to two trips—I guess Mother Nature thought I needed a vacation.

The photo shown below is of angler Lynn Harned with a 17 inch mutton snapper, caught on a live shrimp on a recent offshore Fishbuster Charter.
SW FL-Bonita Beach: Weather Tricky but Fishing Good LynnHarned-17in-mutton
Back to top Go down

SW FL-Bonita Beach: Weather Tricky but Fishing Good
Page 1 of 1