I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SW FL-Bonita Beach: Hogfish, Yellowtail, Lanes, Mangs, Spanish...Bonefish

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishbuster

SW FL-Bonita Beach: Hogfish, Yellowtail, Lanes, Mangs, Spanish...Bonefish Empty
PostSubject: SW FL-Bonita Beach: Hogfish, Yellowtail, Lanes, Mangs, Spanish...Bonefish   SW FL-Bonita Beach: Hogfish, Yellowtail, Lanes, Mangs, Spanish...Bonefish Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Cool Wednesday morning, 7/15, I headed out to fish fifteen to nineteen miles out of New Pass, with Paul and Debbie Szemplinski and their three children, Ryan, Audrey and Evelyn. We caught a bunch of yellowtail snapper, fifteen in all, but only one that we could keep at 18 inches. The spot that yielded the big one was overtaken by dolphin, which made catching more of the keepers impossible. We also kept five fourteen-inch whitebone porgies and released a bunch of silver porgies. We also got four keeper Spanish mackerel to 25 inches and released undersized mutton snapper, lane snapper, gag grouper to 18 inches and grunts. Interestingly, we caught and released a small bonefish that was ten inches long, an unusual catch around here (more commonly in the FL Keys), especially in the depths we were fishing. We used shrimp for everything.

Thursday morning, I fished offshore again, this time with Chuck Mitchell, Reita Martin, and three children. We caught three varieties of porgies and kept six of those, along with two keeper lane snapper and six Spanish mackerel to 28 inches. We released about 40 undersized yellowtail snapper, along with some gag and red grouper shorts and small triggerfish. We were fishing with live shrimp, in 44 feet out of New Pass.

Strangely, another bonefish bit our bait on Friday morning, about 15 miles offshore, where I fished with Bob and Kim Deering, their sons, Robert and Matthew, and father-son anglers Greg and Gavin Zarbock. Robert also caught a nice hogfish, 15 inches long, and the group caught a dozen keeper mangrove and lane snapper, porkfish, grunts and a mess of Spanish mackerel. We released lots of undersized snapper and grouper.

The photo shown is of angler, Florian Kordas, with a 19 1/2 inch mangrove snapper, caught on shrimp on a recent offshore trip.
SW FL-Bonita Beach: Hogfish, Yellowtail, Lanes, Mangs, Spanish...Bonefish FlorianKordas-19-5-mang
Back to top Go down

SW FL-Bonita Beach: Hogfish, Yellowtail, Lanes, Mangs, Spanish...Bonefish
Page 1 of 1