I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SW FL-Bonita Beach: 20 lb Black Drum, Sheepies, Snapper...then Keys-Bound

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishbuster

SW FL-Bonita Beach: 20 lb Black Drum, Sheepies, Snapper...then Keys-Bound Empty
PostSubject: SW FL-Bonita Beach: 20 lb Black Drum, Sheepies, Snapper...then Keys-Bound   SW FL-Bonita Beach: 20 lb Black Drum, Sheepies, Snapper...then Keys-Bound Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Cool Monday morning was a little rainy in Estero Bay, but I puddle-jumped with anglers Gary Haupt and Mike Kidwell and it paid off. Gary landed a 32 inch, approximate twenty-pound black drum, on shrimp (see photo.) He was tempted to keep it, but decided to release it and let it continue to thrive. We also caught and released five trout, all in about ten minutes of action, and we kept three keeper mangrove snapper.

Tuesday, I fished Estero Bay with Chris Polumbo and his son, Matt, and Matt’s friends, sisters Bridget and Rachel Degreef. We used shrimp to catch an 18 inch sheepshead and three keeper mangrove snapper. We released lots of short snapper and crevalle jack. Matt hooked what was either a big jack or a grouper, but it stripped his line and took off.

I headed to the FL Keys Wednesday for a busman’s holiday of fishing with friends. Thursday brought me the thrill of a lifetime, when I hooked a six-foot, approximate 100 pound sailfish…wow! The guys were helping me hold it and trying to take pictures too, so we’ll hope for a decent photo of that one. We also caught some nice mahi and we are heading out for more Friday morning. I’ll travel home and rest on Saturday and be back in local waters Sunday morning.
SW FL-Bonita Beach: 20 lb Black Drum, Sheepies, Snapper...then Keys-Bound GaryHaupt-32in-20lb-drum
Back to top Go down

SW FL-Bonita Beach: 20 lb Black Drum, Sheepies, Snapper...then Keys-Bound
Page 1 of 1