I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Water Temperature raises 20 degrees over night in Saugatuck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captron

Water Temperature raises 20 degrees over night in Saugatuck Empty
PostSubject: Water Temperature raises 20 degrees over night in Saugatuck   Water Temperature raises 20 degrees over night in Saugatuck Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:24 pm

The water temperature dropped into the mid 40's this week and the salmon moved into the shallow water at the piers and fishing was excellent. Big chinook salmon and large coho produced some limit and near limit catches with some lake trout and steelhead mixed in. By Saturday the word had gotten out and combat fishing took place in front the Saugatuck piers. By noon on Saturday the fog moved in and we noticed a increase in the water temperature from 46 degrees to 50 degrees and by Sunday morning the water temperature was 67 degrees and the fishing slowed. There were still some salmon in front the piers, however they were not as active in the warmer water and we moved out to 200 foot and caught some 2 and 3 year old salmon and steelhead.

The most productive lures were the Ace Hi plugs in pearl/black dot and silver/red head pulled on downriggers, dipsy divers and 2 and 3 color lead core. We also ran some Hot n Tots on flat lines (gold and white black dot), however the Ace Hi plugs out performed any other lure. Sunday we found the cold water in 200 foot of water and used small stingers (blue green dolphin, green dolphin and orange crush) on 50 foot of copper and 5 color lead core. On the dipsy divers the best lure was the blue mixed veggie Stingray which was hit multiple times. A couple of hits on the downriggers at 40 and 50 foot down with small stingers (orange corey and mixed veggie) on the add-a-lines.

With a south wind and current for the next few days, I think that the shallow water will continue to warm and other than early morning and late evening, the most productive fishing will be off shore. For charter information or for fishing information, email me at captron@chartermichigan.com.
Back to top Go down

Water Temperature raises 20 degrees over night in Saugatuck
Page 1 of 1