I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Holiday Week For Fishing in Saugatuck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captron

Good Holiday Week For Fishing in Saugatuck Empty
PostSubject: Good Holiday Week For Fishing in Saugatuck   Good Holiday Week For Fishing in Saugatuck Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:49 am

The holiday week produced another good week of fishing for boats out of Saugatuck and Holland. Creel numbers ranged from 10 to 20 fish which mainly consisted of lake trout. There were some salmon and steelhead taken, however the main targeted species remains lake trout. There were some reports of steelhead and salmon out in 200 foot of water, however they
were few and scattered. We fished the 85 to 100 foot depth during the week with creel numbers of 12, 10 20 and 10 fish caught on each trip. Many of the lake trout ranged in weight from 12 to 17 pounds and one steelhead weighed in over 14 pounds. We did take one brown trout that weighed in over 10 pounds, however this is the only one we caught during the week

The steelhead and salmon, when caught in the 100 foot depth were caught on 200 copper with NBK and Craig’s Christmas lures and high divers run at 150 foot of line with glow frog and mountain dew Pro Troll flashers and green hypnotist flies. Most of the lake trout were taken on the bottom with metal flashers (chrome, white, yellow) with a variety of Spin n Glos.

Perch fishing continues to very slow with a few being caught in 40 foot of water and also from 50 to 60 foot of water. Fishing off the pier has slowed some what, however there are some sheephead and catfish being caught.

For more information about fishing or charter reservations call me at 888-253-8372 or email me at captron@chartermichigan.com. Also don’t forget Catch and Cook that allows you to take your catch from your charter and have it prepared at participating
Back to top Go down

Good Holiday Week For Fishing in Saugatuck
Page 1 of 1