I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lake Trout and a few Salmon in Saugatuck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captron

Lake Trout and a few Salmon in Saugatuck Empty
PostSubject: Lake Trout and a few Salmon in Saugatuck   Lake Trout and a few Salmon in Saugatuck Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:20 am

June 24 Fishing Report

The creel this past week consisted of 99% lake trout and an occasional salmon or steelhead. The best fishing early in the week was 70 to 80 foot of water, however, by the weekend the best depth was the 90 to 100 foot depth. The fishing is still very good with morning charter creel numbers in the teens and afternoon charters producing numbers of 6 to 10 fish.

The best method continues to be metal dodgers and spin n glos on the bottom for the lake trout and meat rigs 50 to 70 foot down for the salmon. We have been running the outdowns and low divers on the bottom and the middle rigger and the high divers 50 to 70 foot down. There has been very little action with the copper, although we are running 200, 300 and 400 foot of copper every time out.

Perch fishing this past week was poor with reports of 6 to 20 fish but many boats failed to catch any perch but all the golbies you would want. Pier fishing was very good for cat fish and sheephead with many fishermen showing us full stingers.

For more information or to make a charter reservation, email me at captron@chartermichigan.com.
Back to top Go down

Lake Trout and a few Salmon in Saugatuck
Page 1 of 1