I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SW FL-Bonita Beach: Trout, Sheepshead, Snapper & Snook Inshore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishbuster

SW FL-Bonita Beach: Trout, Sheepshead, Snapper & Snook Inshore Empty
PostSubject: SW FL-Bonita Beach: Trout, Sheepshead, Snapper & Snook Inshore   SW FL-Bonita Beach: Trout, Sheepshead, Snapper & Snook Inshore Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Cool Slow season is here for sure. Seasonal residents have fled our heat and humidity until October and the economy is not producing our usual number of summer vacationers this year. On top of that, a low pressure system that hung over our area for several days was still in effect Monday, 6/29, when I fished a windy Estero Bay with Bill Maybrook and friend, Andy. We missed the rains and were able to catch six keeper mangrove snapper on shrimp. We released nine smaller snapper, two snook to 16 inches and four sheepshead that were just short of keeper size.

The weather remained pretty unstable most of the week, with rains likely both morning and afternoon. Seas in the gulf remained rough. The next time I got out fishing was Friday morning, 7/3, in Estero Bay, with Paul Rosenberg and Cory Knight. We did well, using shrimp to catch three keeper trout to 18 ½ inches, a keeper sheepshead and four keeper mangrove snapper to 13 inches. We released 15 smaller trout and crevalle jack.

Tim and Amy Harwood, nine-year-old daughter, Emily, and eight-year-old daughter, Abby, fished central Estero Bay with me Wednesday morning, 7/8. The backwaters are very warm and that tends to slow down the bite, but we had pretty steady action with trout, using shrimp and popping corks. We caught and released nine of those, along with nine mangrove snapper and a small permit.

I was back in Estero Bay Friday morning, when I fished with Jerry Robertson, his son, and grandson. We again had good action with trout and snapper on shrimp with popping corks. We kept two mangrove snapper and a 16 inch trout.

The photo shown is of anglers, Bryant and Gary Click, with a pair of redfish and a 23 inch trout, caught on shrimp on a recent inshore trip.
SW FL-Bonita Beach: Trout, Sheepshead, Snapper & Snook Inshore Bryant-GaryClick-trout-red-pair
Back to top Go down

SW FL-Bonita Beach: Trout, Sheepshead, Snapper & Snook Inshore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Live To Fish :: Saltwater Fishing Reports-
Jump to: