I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SW FL-Bonita Beach:Snapperfest and a Big 'Cuda

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishbuster

SW FL-Bonita Beach:Snapperfest and a Big 'Cuda Empty
PostSubject: SW FL-Bonita Beach:Snapperfest and a Big 'Cuda   SW FL-Bonita Beach:Snapperfest and a Big 'Cuda Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Cool I was off the water for a while—slow season here means time to do yearly boat servicing and maintenance. I did get offshore Thursday, 9/24, with Frank Reid and son, Tim. Seas were calm on the beach but a little sloppy in 38 feet out of New Pass. We released mangrove and lane snapper, along with a 40-pound goliath grouper, before we headed in a little early to get out of the swells.

Friday, October 2nd, I headed offshore to 73 feet, 36 miles out of New Pass with Randy and Susan Weestrand. We caught a bunch of good-eating fish, including whitebone porgies to 19 inches, mangrove snapper to 14 inches, yellowtail snapper to 14 inches and keeper lane snapper. We released red grouper shorts, some of which were painfully close to legal size, along with a 50+ inch barracuda. We used live shrimp for all except the ‘cuda—That one cut off two of our fish, then grabbed a third one and got caught in the lip with a circle hook. (see photo)
SW FL-Bonita Beach:Snapperfest and a Big 'Cuda RandyWeestrand-50in-cuda-2
Back to top Go down

SW FL-Bonita Beach:Snapperfest and a Big 'Cuda
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Live To Fish :: Saltwater Fishing Reports-
Jump to: