I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Perch and Chinook Salmon in Saugatuck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captron

Perch and Chinook Salmon in Saugatuck Empty
PostSubject: Perch and Chinook Salmon in Saugatuck   Perch and Chinook Salmon in Saugatuck Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:30 pm

This past week has produced some good to excellent fishing for both salmon and perch out of Saugatuck. If you are interested in the "big fish", fish from 100 to 135 foot of water and from 40 foot down to the bottom. Boats fished from just south of the Saugatuck piers to just north of the Holland piers and had catches from 18 fish per trip to 7 fish per trip.
The creel consisted of nice chinook salmon from 8 to 15 pounds (with one chinook salmon weighed in at 25 pounds), lake trout up to 12 pounds with occasional steelhead (up to 12 pounds) and coho.

The best method was 450 and 400 foot of copper with silver or white bladed flashers and green hypnotist and green glow hypnotist fiies along with 200 foot of copper with stingray spoons (NBK, mixed veggie, fruit cocktail). Dipsy divers with 11 in Pro Chip flashers and green rapture flies produced at different depths and in different colors which changed from day to day. The downriggers produce with a 11 white glow Pro Chip and green glow hypnotist fly at 95 foot and at 60 and 80 foot with sliders and regular sized stingers.

I fished perch Friday and Saturday and did fairly well. Friday we fished in 60 to 65 foot of water south of the ball and took some very nice perch up to 14 in. Saturday we drifted the same water we fished Friday and caught 1 perch so we ran down to Glenn and found good numbers (although they ran small) in 30 foot of water. I did have one report that one boat caught 140 perch in 80 foot of water on Friday night off the ball in Saugatuck.

For fishing information or for charter reservations, email me at captron@chartermichigan.com.
Back to top Go down

Perch and Chinook Salmon in Saugatuck
Page 1 of 1