I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Up and down week of fishing in Saugatuck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captron

Up and down week of fishing in Saugatuck Empty
PostSubject: Up and down week of fishing in Saugatuck   Up and down week of fishing in Saugatuck Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:43 pm

A roller coaster of a week of fishing – The week started with good catches of adult kings and lake trout in 100-150 FOW. Mid-week catches were comprised of almost only lake trout and then fishing slowed at the end of the week as the trout moved out. Good news is that Sunday morning we once again found a good grouping of fish in 180 - 200 FOW. The lake trout were biting metal Goldstar dodges (white, trash can, and chrome dimples) with spin and glows behind them bounced on bottom. This week’s big kings came 40-80 feet down on Protroll hotwired flashers with illusion or wild fern flies, and white glow Protroll flashers with wild fern or Oceana flies. We caught kings on pearl black dot and green splatter back AceHi plugs pulled on 300 coppers. On Sunday we found coho and steelhead with some kings and lake trout in deeper water. These fish were very active and bit on the same flasher flies combos and plugs that were run in shallower water. We had good action on Stinger spoons: blue dolphin, green dolphin, mixed veggies, blue freaking veggies, and tangerine. These spoons were run on 200 feet of copper and 40 – 70 feet down on the riggers.
For more information or charter reservations email me at captron@chartermichigan.com.
Back to top Go down

Up and down week of fishing in Saugatuck
Page 1 of 1