I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fish inside the bar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Capt. Ron

Fish inside the bar Empty
PostSubject: Fish inside the bar   Fish inside the bar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:35 am

Fishing out of Saugatuck, this past week was very good producing a few steelhead and brown trout, some small coho and chinook (2 to 5 pounds) and some very good size lake trout. The best fishing was between the Kalamazoo River and the Holland piers in 20 to 5 foot of water. The weather and lake conditions kept us off the lake during the weekend, however the lake was flat during the middle of the week.

Fishing along the shoreline, the best method was slide divers fished 20 foot out with small gold stingers pulled 20 to 30 foot back. We also caught fish behind the planer boards with silver/blue, gold/orange and orange stickbaits and white/black Hot n Tots fished inside the sand bar. We never caught a fish off the downriggers even though we fished then different depths and different distances back.

Fishing off of the Kalamazoo River piers was very good with good catches of brown trout on spawn. Fishing for steelhead in the river has slowed due to high water, but should improve as the water levels comes down.

As the water warms we should find that the fishing will improve. Check back for more information or contact me at captron@chartermichigan.com for an update.
Back to top Go down

Fish inside the bar
Page 1 of 1