I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fish shallow for Brown Trout

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Capt. Ron

Fish shallow for Brown Trout Empty
PostSubject: Fish shallow for Brown Trout   Fish shallow for Brown Trout Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:24 am

Fishing this past week was fairly steady along the shoreline in 5 to 25 foot of water. Most of the action was between Holland and Saugatuck from the state park to Half Way Creek and Castle Park. The catch consisted of small salmon (coho and chinook), brown trout and occasional steelhead and lake trout.

The most productive method were stick baits and hot n tots pulled behind planer boards. Small gold and orange stinger spoons pulled 30 to 40 feet behind slide divers and on the down riggers also produced occasional fish. There were some salmon and lake trout taken out in 100 to 150 foot of water on 100 and 150 foot of copper line with small stinger spoons. There are some good reports fishing the southern area of Lake Michigan with limit catches of 2 to 4 pound coho on body baits and small flashers and flies. I have not gotten any reports on the fishing in the Kalamazoo River for steelhead.

We should begin to see the coho migrate north along the shoreline so check out next weeks fishing report or email me at captron@chartermichigan.com for information or charter reservations.
Back to top Go down

Fish shallow for Brown Trout
Page 1 of 1