I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lake Trout Throw Back

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Capt. Ron

Lake Trout Throw Back Empty
PostSubject: Lake Trout Throw Back   Lake Trout Throw Back Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:46 am

Fishing for salmon and steelhead was only fair last week. Due to the rough water all weekend, we only fished one day during the week and caught mainly Lake Trout in 30 to 50 foot of water. Other fishermen that I talked to also reported the same. There where some salmon in the 12 pound range caught out of Port Sheldon and a few brown trout along the shoreline, however most of the creel consisted of lake trout. Fishing 30 to 40 foot down produced the majority of the fish on 150 foot of copper on fruit cocktail and candy corn stingers.

I have not had any report on the steelhead in the river, and the brown trout fishing off the piers has slowed.

I have had mixed reports on the perch fishing with South Haven to Grand Haven reporting moderate success. Water is still cold and the successful fishermen said they where in 60 foot of water and more.

The rough water, wind and cold weather during the weekend and into the first part of this week should change the water temperature and fishing conditions drastically. Check back and see what happens. You can contact me for a fishing report at captron@chartermichigan.com.
Back to top Go down

Lake Trout Throw Back
Page 1 of 1