I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CT Saltwater Charter fishing report for Mystic area of Long Island Sound

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaiser11

CT Saltwater Charter fishing report for Mystic area of Long Island Sound Empty
PostSubject: CT Saltwater Charter fishing report for Mystic area of Long Island Sound   CT Saltwater Charter fishing report for Mystic area of Long Island Sound Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Friday afternoon Robert Brazili's group scored big on diamond jigs in the Race with a limit of stripers between 28inches and 35inches along with a 40lb. 45 inch striper caught on a leftover live bunker from the previous trip.

Saturday Sybl Pellum, family and friends came out for a short morning trip and had slow fishing with no keepers to show for there efforts. Very strong tides put the fish down during the morning trip.

Saturday afternoon was a complete turnaround from the morning for the Kennedy group. Stripers and bluefish were on the feed hitting diamond jigs on just about every drift in the famed "RACE". ‘The Race” is well known among fisherman as well as being featured on a recent episode of “Quest for the one”.

Sunday morning the 22nd, John Nilsson's group started out with a bang on fluke getting three 20+ inchers and a 24" fluke. Things slowed down for the second half of the trip with about 8 or 9 shorts caught and a few skates.

Sunday afternoon was cancelled due to stormy weather.

Monday morning Dwight Wooten scored big on a fat 45" trophy bass. The rest of the group caught fish in the 35" to 43" range. All fish this morning were caught on live Hickory Shad which have finally showed up in good numbers.

With the hickory shad now taking up residence in the Mystic River I expect many more trips like Monday's. July is typically our best month of the year for limits of Striped Bass in the 30, 40, and 50 pound range. With loads of bunker and hickory shad in the river big bass are sure to follow during the month of July.
If you’re interested in booking a trip with Kingfisher Charters call 860-573-3614 or check us on the web at www.charterfishingconnecticut.com
Back to top Go down

CT Saltwater Charter fishing report for Mystic area of Long Island Sound
Page 1 of 1