I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

May 29 Saugatuck Fishing Report

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captron

May 29 Saugatuck Fishing Report Empty
PostSubject: May 29 Saugatuck Fishing Report   May 29 Saugatuck Fishing Report Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:46 am

Fishing off of Saugatuck was good to excellent over the weekend. Very nice catches 15+ fish on Friday with a lot of action, then a little slower on Saturday. Early in the week the fish averaged 12 pounds, however by the weekend the fish ran a 7 to 10 pounds average. Same place, same depth, same lures, just a different age class of fish.

Fish were in 110-180 FOW, and were caught 20-60 feet down. 100, 200, and 300 copper lines were the best with stinger and sting ray spoons. Stingers and sting rays were also producing on the downriggers 30-60 feet down, and on the divers 150 and 100 feet with wire. Best spoons: mixed veggies, jager bomb, blue modified dolphin, green dolphin, caramel dolphin, orange crush (on silver or gold), and the lemon-ice. Very little action on flashers and flies.

We’re hoping for a little west wind to stack the warm water back up on the beach. This will concentrate the temperature break and the fish. For fishing information or charter reservations, contact me by email at captron@chartermichigan.com.
Back to top Go down

May 29 Saugatuck Fishing Report
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Live To Fish :: Freshwater Fishing Reports-
Jump to: