I Live To Fish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Live To Fish

Your LEADING online Fishing community for fishing information, tips and much more.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fishing picks up in Saugatuck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captron

Fishing picks up in Saugatuck Empty
PostSubject: Fishing picks up in Saugatuck   Fishing picks up in Saugatuck Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Fishing really picked up off of Saugatuck this week with catches in the double figures and 14 fish boated on Sunday. The bait continues to set up in 100-130 FOW. The lake trout are feeding near the bottom with coho and steelhead near the surface. A few kings were taken usually 50-80 feet down. Best baits for the lake trout were Goldstar dodgers with spin and glows or Rapture flies bounced along the bottom. Our best combinations were chrome/glow with a no-see-um, chrome/lazer with a Oceana, hammered chrome with a green spin and glow, and white with a pearl spin and glow. We had action on coho and steelhead on high divers with small orange dodgers and mini-Rapture flies (wild fern and hyptnotist). On the coppers we caught steelhead on 50-150 coppers with jarger bomb, dbl. orange crush, and coyote Stinger spoons. We expect the kings to move in the bait as it continues to stabilize. Follow the action on twitter @CaptCHcharters.
Back to top Go down

Fishing picks up in Saugatuck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Live To Fish :: Freshwater Fishing Reports-
Jump to: